Saturday, September 17, 2016

DCP Reunion 2016!


You probably thought you'd seen the last of me on this blog? Think again! No, this is not going to be a sappy, emotional diary entry. This is going to be me sitting at my computer writing out a blog entry in my free time like most normal bloggers do. :P

It has been about a year and a half since I completed my Disney College Program, and by some miraculous coincidence, my American roommates and I managed to have a Walt Disney World vacation-style reunion! How exactly was it coincidence? Well, back in June, Sarah texted me and invited me to come down to Disney World with her later on in the summer (which I jumped at). It just so happened that Tatiana and our almost-roommate, Ellie, planned a WDW vacation during the exact same dates as us! I WAS SO EXCITED TO FIND THIS OUT! It was seriously one of the most fun trips I have ever been on, and I do not say that lightly. We had a total blast, Disney bounded each day, and just enjoyed running around the parks and being together again. It was incredible to go there as a guest and just...be a guest! (Be our guest! Be our guest! ...seriously.) The best part is that Ellie and I actually managed to get two extra days of Disney thanks to Hurricane Hermine (which we literally got a celebration pin for lol!). This enabled us to attend Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for the first time. Because I am a lover of all things creepy, and a major Halloween enthusiast, this was a dream come true for me. <3

I managed to make a musical vlog of the occasion so that the rest of the world could see our experience! It is linked at the top of this entry. While I could spell out every single detail of the trip, I won't because, if I do, I might be writing for the next 300 hours straight. There are just so many amazing memories to share! I think the vlog does a good job of showing off a lot of these memories though. To put it all in a nutshell, I will share 10 of my favorite moments/highlights from the trip! (These are in no particular order.)

1. Scaring Kylo Ren with Sarah (we literally approached him as if he were an adorable little puppy and he had no clue how to respond LOL!)


2. Being in Animal Kingdom for the "free flying day," watching rainbows (literal rainbows!) of tropical birds flying around and directly over my head. I even managed to get some of it on video! (I seriously cried it was so unreal!)

3. Tatiana lying by the side of the Nemo pool at Art of Animation Resort, sticking one ear into the water, and trying to hear the underwater music. Hahaha! She's still as goofy as ever!



4. Cupcake ATM at midnight with Sarah! (Seriously, it's not just a thing in the show "Bunheads.") I was so excited!


5. Revisiting "my special place" (aka my personal hangout) in Epcot's Japan. This is where I would often write my diary entries after work and on my days off. <3


6. Watching Oogie Boogie's song performed live in front of Cinderella's Castle, bringing a hugely beloved part of my childhood to life. I actually cried. (Who seriously cries on Oogie?!? LOL!)


7. Spending some hilarious, stormy hours bonding over pizza with Ellie & Sarah while missing Tat (she went home earlier that day).


8. My "Magical" run-in with Tatiana on the Magical Express. Bahaha! So, I start to board my Magical Express bus from the airport and the girl who boarded just before me is stuck to one of the seats by her purse strap. She turns around, embarrassed, and is none other than Tatiana! XD We both screamed and hugged! Ellie was sitting in her seat already, watching our awkwardly perfect run-in. After not seeing each other for a year and a half, it was as if no time went by! I still can't believe, of all Magical Express buses, you, me, and Ellie were all on the same one! #amazing


9. Mine & Ellie's personal photo shoot inside Cinderella's studio! This room is reserved for the princesses who get made-up at the Bibbity Boppity Boutique, but the photographer let us have our own personal photo shoot for no reason other than just to be magical. <3 It was perfect!


10. Meeting Jack Skellington and Sally during Mickey's Halloween Party!!! <3 <3 <3 I literally turned back into a 4-year-old and was stunned speechless when I first saw them walking to their photo location. Jack Skellington is, perhaps, my favorite fictional character EVER! I begged my mom for that movie on VHS when I was 3-years-old, and received it for my 4th birthday, making it one of the most memorable birthdays of all. Nightmare Before Christmas is my all-time favorite movie, so I had to fight back tears when I met them so I wouldn't be crying in the photos. (Here I was a Character Attendant, knowing the secrets behind the characters, and I still couldn't control myself!) I waited over an hour and a half for them (meaning I could have watched the entire movie, plus the first two scenes while waiting in line). I have never waited so long for anything in Disney World, but it was beyond totally worth it! <3


The trip was absolutely amazing! It helped me see my love of Disney and just realize how incredible of a place it actually is. I can't wait to go back again!

So how's life after all my DCP entries? Life is good. While 2015 was a roller-coaster of a year, 2016 has been an incredible year so far with one of the best summers of my life. I have been doing a lot of dancing, particularly teaching, living with Big Bob, and working on my art as usual. My YouTube life is in a transition for the better, as it is finally evolving where I want it to go, and my artwork is a never-ending journey. Last year, part of me sometimes hated being an artist because it can be such a struggle, but over the past year, I have learned that embracing it is the only thing that will really get me anywhere, especially since that's just how I'm made.

As for everyone else who I used to write about, Eric and I broke up shortly after I returned home from my DCP, saying he wanted "something easier." He even sent me a used pair of his sister's underwear in the mail 6 months after our breakup, "supposedly" thinking they were mine. LOL! What a loser! I guess that's why they say love is blind. :P Aurelie is back in France with her boyfriend, Clement. We talk on occasion and keep up with each other on our various social platforms. She is very talented at making videos and has a successful YouTube channel of her own. I miss her so much! I just wish we could see each other again somehow or sometime soon. It would have been amazing if she were able to make it out for the reunion, but France is just a little far away. :P I never heard from the Duka Dukas again, and I did not see them working anywhere in Epcot during our trip, but that's how typical roommate situations go I guess. Ben and Christine are still two of my closest, best friends who I see/talk to whenever I can, and I still miss my cats, Violet and Gooba, although my kitty Hope and I bonded way more over the past year. I can't help but remain a huge cat dork!


Although I just saw Sarah, Tat, and Ellie, I miss them already! Sarah is now engaged and is working as a manager at the Disney Store close to her hometown. Tat is teaching painting classes on a regular basis and still up to her theatre shenanigans. And, Ellie just finished performing the lead in Hairspray and is about to have some pretty intense surgery. I know she is making a blog of her journey. I will link it here! And I think that just about covers it! I want to give a huge thank you to Tat, Ellie, and especially Sarah, if you guys are reading this, for vacationing with me and making our recent Disney vacation so incredibly magical! You guys are the best and I'll see ya real soon! ;)

TTFN!
~Bethany

"The song says 'vamos' and I can't f*cking move!" ~Sarah Mae

"I thought, this girl is judging me so hard for getting stuck to this chair!" ~Tatiana

"One last thing, do you know what time Charlie comes in to work tomorrow?" ~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment