Friday, May 15, 2015

3/26/15



3/26/15
          I woke up with a stomach ache. I kind of had one last night too. It’s been a rough couple of days stomach-wise. I haven’t been eating as well as I should which is a tricky trap to fall into. I feel a huge relief knowing I can write about it here though. Anyway, it took me 45 minutes to get out of bed. I woke up, ached, cleaned up, then laid there listening to music in a deep breathing meditation. It really did help a lot. I had to look up what to eat though. The BRAT diet is what I ended up following. The diet when you are having stomach issues is bananas, rice (or oatmeal – especially in my case), applesauce, toast. Luckily I had all of these things already. At least I am a spare at work and don’t have a super long shift. That and being a spare can mean sitting around, which is great in my case today. I am afraid to say too much about it, as I don’t want to jinx it. If I start to feel bad, I can always go home, so it should be no big deal. I keep having waves of wanting to lie down. Ick.

          On a completely different note, today is mine and Eric’s official 2 year anniversary. J He really is the love of my life. We used to say our anniversary is March 25-28th, or something like that, since we couldn’t remember which day we actually became official. I still find this comical and love these little quirks about us. We eventually just decided on the 26th for our actual day. I just love him so much, it’s hard to express in words sometimes. I hope we can at least Skype tonight to celebrate this glorious day of love and passion for one another.

          I bought myself an Easter Bunny yesterday to celebrate many things – Easter (obviously), getting in to Boston University, mine and Eric’s anniversary, my family coming down, and just feeling like I can make it. You could also argue that I have a thing for buying items that bring comfort. You would also win this argument. I need to think of a name for him. I want to make him some cute yellow clothes as well. I may do this when I get home today to try and relax.

I have so much fun collecting toys. I find them so inspiring and they often push me to create. I told my mom last night I need a better balance between creating new ideas and repeating old, successful ideas. I think this is one major aspect I can take away from Disney. They are very good at this. I can’t wait to pursue and work on my art more heavily.

I have been really thinking about all the things I am going to do once I am home. Number one, I am going to reboot my Etsy shop and really start working hard. No more quick and easy – especially not for the majority. I know what the pimps (Writer’s Note: This is my nickname for my followers.) want, what I want, and what I can deliver. I’ve got to listen to my heart. Number two, the same thing goes for my videos. I want to take the time and make the epic videos I know I can make! I will do it! Number three, I need to stick to a work schedule just like I stick to my shifts now. I want to make it where I can swap days if I need to as well. I am thinking Monday will be my dance day, Tuesday is art and painting/drawing, Wednesday is crocheting, Thursday is recording and editing, and Friday is editing or writing. Saturday can be my free day with some social media catch-up per say. Saturday and Sunday will mostly be days off. I say “mostly” because I am not limited and if I feel super inspired on the weekends, I’ll go for it! Number four, I am going to have an eBay smack-down. I can’t look at these big piles of stuff anymore and mom needs help. She is intimidated to list all these eBay items on her own.

Going home will be so weird. I will suddenly have so much more stuff, but I am not complaining. I like all of my things. It will especially be weird to have so much more clothing. I recently cleaned out so I am very happy about that. I need to go through and clean out more though, which I think will be easy to do after returning home.

I really can’t wait for the summer and all the joy it brings. So many trips and events to plan for! It’s a little crazy. My next travel project is Myrtle Beach. Although, I don’t think there is much to figure out beyond food and gas since I got the number for the hotel already. I need to check into flights still too.

I just received an anniversary message from Eric and it really made my heart soar! It was the sweetest thing in the entire world. I would include the text here, but it’s so special I’d like to keep it between the two of us. I love Eric so freaking much. I just want to spend forever with him. I am honored to call him my lover and my best friend. <3

Being sick like this all day has been terrible. I feel so sad now having lain around all day. I feel needy for Eric and my mother. Talking to Eric just made me so sad that we are not together right now – that I’m here and he’s there. I don’t want to think about work tomorrow, but I can’t help it. I just want to feel happy. I think I need a good cry and a good sleep. It may not sound pretty, especially on mine and Eric’s anniversary, but it may be the best therapy for me right now. I know I am leaving for home on April 30th now, but I still feel uneasy. I need to try and be positive.
~Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment